The site, which was a railway depot in the 1920s, is currently home to The Axis, a 1970s building in the heart of the city centre.
Our proposal includes:
- A total of four commercial office buildings, ranging from 5 to 23 storeys
- Approximately 950,000 sq ft office space
- Designs and materials that complement city centre structures
- Underground parking, along with cycle and motorcycle facilities
- Approximately 30,000 sq ft of ground floor retail uses, including food and drink
- A vibrant new public square for workers and members of the public
- Retained trees and landscaping, with new features added
For office and shop workers, the development will have a focus on sustainability and colleague Wellness and Wellbeing.
For all visitors, Axis Square will unlock a currently constrained site, connecting with key nearby locations such as Paradise Circus, Arena Central, Centenary Square and Grand Central/New Street Station.